HTC EVO 4G LTE Android Smartphone Information Center (Sprint)
HTC's One X isn,'t coming to Sprint; but a very close relative is. The EVO 4G LTE is like the One X in almost every respect, except it has an aluminum shell and, like any good EVO-branded handset, a bright-red kickstand.
On the EVO 4G LTE you'll find a 4.7-inch SLCD HD touchscreen, a Snapdragon S4 SoC with a dual-core 1.5GHz CPU, an anodized aluminium body, and - of course, the titular LTE support.
Other features include the Android 4 OS, 1GB of RAM, 16GB of onboard flash storage, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS, and a whopping 2000mAh battery. HTC's new 8MP camera hardware is onboard with 1080p video capture, and there's a 1.3MP front-facing camera. Another difference between the EVO 4G LTE and the HTC One X: the EVO has an onboard microSDHC memory card slot.
HD Voice is a new feature that Sprint will be rolling out over the next couple of years, and the EVO 4G LTE is the first handset to include support for it. HD Voice promises much improved voice clarity via the EVRC-NW codec.
The EVO 4G LTE was delayed from its original scheduled release of May 18 by U.S. Customs, but is now beginning to ship. The price is $199 with a two-year contract.
Have questions about the HTC EVO 4G LTE? Email us.
Sprint HTC EVO 4G LTE Specifications
- Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 MSM8960
- System Memory (RAM): 1GB DDR2
- Dual Core 1.5GHz CPU
- 16GB Internal Flash Storage Memory
- 4.7" Super LCD 2 Touchscreen
- 720 x 1280 HD Display, 313 PPI
- Bluetooth 4.0 w/ A2DP
- Google Android OS 4.0
- Onboard 802.11a/b/g/n Wi-Fi
- Onscreen Keyboard
- LTE '4G', CDMA EV-DO 3G
- 8MP Rear Camera (Auto Focus, Flash)
- Adreno 225 Graphics
- 1.3MB Front-Facing Camera
- Onboard aGPS, Gyro, Accelerometer
- Beats Audio Hardware
- Internal 2000mAh Li-Ion Battery
- microUSB Sync & Charge Connector
- Speakerphone Mode
- Talk Time: UNKNOWN
- YouTube, Twitter & Facebook Ready
- Standard 3.5mm Headphone Jack
- Size: 2.7" x 5.3" x 0.35" (WxHxD)
- Pop-Out Kickstand
- Weight: 4.64 ounces