Motorola DROID Xyboard 10.1 Android Tablet Information Center
Available from Verizon Wireless, the Motorola DROID Xyboard (pronounced zy-board) is the successor to the 2011 XOOM and includes a number of improvements designed to increase the utility of an Android tablet.
The DROID Xyboard ships with the Android 3.2 OS and is powered by a dual-core TI 1.2GHz Cortex-A9 ARM processor with 1GB of DDR2 RAM. There's also a 300MHz POWERVR SGX540 GPU core for fast, smooth graphics.
The screen is the same 10.1-inch, 1280x800 resolution as the XOOM, but is an IPS display for improved viewing angles. There's also a powered stylus included which enables you to write and draw on the screen, and included software can translate written words into text. The touchscreen is protected by Corning Gorilla Glass.
Other features include both EV-DO (3G) and LTE ("4G") wireless data support, 802.11n Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, a 5MP rear camera with 720p HD video capture, a 1.3MP front-facing cameras, GPS, and a microUSB data/charging port. Onboard storage ranges from 16GB to 64GB, with a 32GB option in between.
Data plans start at $20/month for 1GB of data usage.
An upgrade to Android 4.0 is expected sometime in late 2012.
Have questions about the Motorola Xyboard? E-mail us.
DROID Xyboard Tablet Specifications
- nVidia Tegra 2 SoC
- System Memory (RAM): 1GB
- Dual-Core 1.2GHz Applications CPU
- 10.1" Capacitive LCD Touchscreen
- 16, 32 or 64GB Flash Storage
- 1280x800 Display Resolution
- Android OS 3.2 'Honeycomb'
- Onboard Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR
- ULP GeForce 3D Graphics
- Onboard 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi
- 5MP Rear Camera w/Auto Focus, Flash
- CDMA / EV-DO Rev. A (Launch)
- 720p Video Capture (Rear Camera)
- LTE '4G' Wireless Data
- 2MP Front-Facing Camera
- Onboard aGPS
- microSDHC Memory Slot (32GB Max)
- Accelerometer, Barometer
- WebKit Based Web Browser (w/ Flash)
- Removable Li-Ion Battery
- Standard 3.5mm Headphone Jack
- YouTube, Twitter & Facebook Ready
- Flash Support
- Size: 9.8" x 6.6" x 0.5" (HxWxD)
- Weight: 1.6 Pounds